In the COVID19 pandemic: A creative MailArt training program for seniors to cope with loneliness and isolation
Project Code: 2021-1-LT01-KA220-ADU-000030408
MailArt4Seniors aims to create an innovative educational package that will give seniors the tools they need to fight isolation and ensure their personal well-being, maintain their social life and enjoy a quality daily living in the COVID-19 era. The tools will be set out as effective support for adult education trainers to plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate their training strategies in addressing the challenges seniors face in their daily life though the means of art.
IO1: A collection of mail art best practices : this will include presentation cards and short videos for each local artists involved in mail art. This collection of best practices will contribute to the development of an Educational e-Booklet for the training of adult educators. The e-format of the booklet will be valuable for the training-course that will be offered during the project implementation.
IO2: A how-to guide for mail art: Curriculum and training contents, which will include an innovative training curriculum and training contents
IO3: eLearning portal
A short description of the main results
1. Staff and associates of the partner organizations (social workers, educators, mentors, artists etc) will learn about the educational tools created within the project. Expected number:40
2. Seniors will participate in activities within the framework of the project or become aware of it through dissemination activities and events Expected number: 80
3. People and institutions including (art associations, social workers involved with the elderly, professionals working in elderly care homes, geriatric psychologists, geriatric nurses, artists offering workshops to elderly people, national authorities (relevant Ministries, Agencies, regional Offices, etc.), National and European organizations active in the field of adult and inclusive education and training and other stakeholders, etc will visit the project’s website which includes all the educational tools (O1,O2, O3) and become aware of the project.
Read our Madeira workshop booklet
The project results are directly linked to intellectual outputs and activities carried out within the project implementation period:
1. “MailArt4Seniors” educational Package
2.18 trained trainers to implement the mail art methodology with seniors (C1)
3. 30 senior learners trained on using mail art (C2)
4. 6 multiplier events to promote the project, its intellectual outputs, and its outcomes among adult education trainers, seniors and other stakeholders (art associations, social workers involved with the elderly, professionals working in elderly care homes, geriatric psychologists, geriatric nurses, artists offering workshops to elderly people), National and European organizations active in the field of adult and inclusive education and training and other stakeholders) (E1-E6)